Tax Defense Partners’ Tax Preparer (Corporate) is responsible for starting our tax resolution clients off on the right foot. The vast majority of our clients have several years of unfiled returns, so we must bring them into tax filing compliance before we can begin the resolution process. Business tax returns will be the primary focus of this individual. This is an extremely fast-paced, high volume position, so strong communication (verbal and written) skills are a necessity, as are a sense of urgency, attention to detail, patience, and the ability to prioritize. CTEC is required and an Enrolled Agent license would be a big plus.
The Tax Preparer (Corporate) will
• Prepare Tax Returns, including 1040s, 1065s, 1120s, 940s, 941s
• Gain client cooperation to get required information within the necessary time frame to meet taxing authority deadlines and keep the process moving
• Conduct in-depth client interviews by phone
• Work with clients to bring them into tax filing and payment compliance
• Prepare clear and concise letters and emails to clients
In addition to our tax prep software, we use Excel and Microsoft CRM software regularly and need someone who can take detailed notes and input information into these resources. Every case is different, so an interest in learning and personal/professional growth is a huge help.
This is a full-time position, offering competitive hourly rate, vigorous benefits package, and the opportunity for growth for the right individual.