Tax Defense Partners’ philosophy can be summed up in four words: Do the right thing. We treat consumers, clients, and co-workers with respect and work together for a mutually beneficial relationship. Our Penalty Abatement department’s primary task is to help our clients by working to waive the penalties that may eventually overwhelm the original taxes owed.
IRS penalties and interest make owing back taxes much worse the longer unpaid. Tax Defense Partners works tirelessly to resolve our clients’ tax debt, challenging each and every part of that debt: principal, interest and penalties. Often our clients have been unable to file or pay due to circumstances outside their control – illness, natural disaster, or bad advice from previous tax advisors. Our Penalty Abatement department will conduct extensive interviews clients with our clients to see if they may qualify for Penalty Abatement, then draft Reasonable Cause letters, cogently explaining the relevant circumstances to the IRS.
The Penalty Abatement Coordinator will
• Offer administrative support to the rest of the PA team
• Schedule phone interviews with our clients
• Draft reasonable cause letters
• Pull IRS transcripts and analyze/qualify transcripts for penalty abatement
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
• Solid customer service skills
• Keen organizational skills and attention to detail
• Professional and helpful, empathetic demeanor
We use Excel and Microsoft CRM software regularly and need someone who can take detailed notes and input information into these resources. Every case is different, so an interest in learning and personal/professional growth is a huge help.