Have you ever experienced problems with your taxes or the IRS? Have those problems resulted in you having to pay additional money in the form of extra taxes, penalties, fees, etc.? If it looks like you might be additionally taxed or penalized, it’s time to get tax help. With the right representation, you can lessen, or even eliminate, money that the IRS says you owe.

Tax Help from a Tax Resolution Specialist

A CTRS (or certified tax resolution specialists) is a fancy name for someone that helps people with tax problems. They’re a type of go-between that works with the IRS and the client. They are skilled negotiators and know everything there is to know about tax matters. Few of us, truth be told, wants to talk to the IRS. A CTRS, or tax defense representative, talks to the IRS so that you don’t have to. They represent you and your rights. The will assist you and the IRS in coming to a legal, agreeable solution.

How Do I Know If I Need a Tax Defense Representative?

No matter if you are an avid do-it-yourselfer, this is no time to take things on by yourself. And if you think you’re going to save money by not hiring a tax debt specialist, just the opposite could be the result. You may end up paying not only more taxes but fees or fines as well. Worst case scenario – severe cases can result in jail time.

Okay, so how do you know if you truly need help from a qualified specialist in taking on the IRS? If any of the five following situations applies to you, you need help:

You Are at A Loss You As to What to Do

If you need innocent spouse relief, or are facing bank levies, wage garnishments, payroll tax problems, collections, or back taxes, your best course of action is going to be seeking the assistance of a professional tax representative. If you feel that you are simply at wits end when it comes to money that the IRS says you owe, stop and take a breath. Calm yourself by contacting the appropriate individual and start doing all you can to remedy the situation. Your situation is not hopeless.

You Feel That the IRS Made a Mistake

Yes, this does happen. The IRS is only human. Don’t just accept the fact that you owe money, even if they insist that you do. Have a professional take a good hard look at the situation to find out who is actually at fault, and where the mistake lies.

You Owe More Than $10,000

If it is determined that you owe the IRS over $10,000, you are going to have some payment options available. There are penalty reduction programs, offers in compromise, and more. But only someone that knows all there is to know about these kinds of programs will be able to speak intelligently to an IRS official.

For More Than One Year in a Row, You Haven’t Filed Taxes

Regardless of why you neglected filing your taxes, if this situation applies to you, there are no ands, ifs, or buts anymore – you need the representation of a qualified professional to help you with your IRS issues.

You Are Being Relentlessly Hounded by the IRS

The IRS wants their money. There are no two ways about it. If you are tired of being hounded by the IRS, sign up for the assistance of a good tax defense representative. Once you have signed a power of attorney assigning representation to your tax defense representative (or a CTRS), you can no longer be legally contacted by the IRS.

Professional tax defense representatives know that tax regulations and laws are constantly changing. It is their job to stay on top of each piece of information and anything tax and IRS related. Regarding the tax system, they know the ins and outs, and the ups and downs.

When it comes to responsible, trustworthy, knowledgeable, and experienced tax debt assistance, the people at Tax Defense Partners should be your go-to representatives for all things IRS and tax debt settlement related. For thousands of individuals, we have lessened or eliminated monies owed to the IRS. We can help you as well. Contact us today to see how we can be of assistance.